This is an easy way to do something a little different with your venison scraps. Most of the ingredients can be substituted for things you have in your kitchen. Add sauces and seasonings to taste.
- 1 Lb Venison scraps/stew meat/tips
- 1 Onion – cubed or sliced
- 5 Cloves minced garlic
- 1-2 Thumbs of pealed ginger- minced
- Handful of green beans- cut into thirds
- 3 Heads of baby bok-choy- leaves separated
- 2 Scallions cut diagonally into strips
- 2 Tangerines (or 1 orange)- segmented
- 2 Tbsp Fish sauce
- 3 Tbsp Soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp Honey
- 2 tsp Hot sesame oil
- 1/2 cup Stock (beef/game/chicken)
- 3 tsp Asian Five spice (add more cumin, cinnamon, etc. as needed)
- 1 tsp Black pepper
- 2 tsp Cornstarch
- 1/2 cup Canola oil
- Put a deep saute pan or a wok on high heat. Add your oil and then start to brown your meat.
- Add the garlic, onion, and ginger and let it cook down.
- Then add your green beans, bok-choy, and scallions.
- Whisk all of your liquid ingredients together with the cornstarch and honey and add it to the pan along with the the seasonings.
- Add the tangerine segments, and let the sauce reduce and the vegetables soften.
Serve with rice and some Kim-chi. Garnish with scallions and sesame seeds.